About the position
Title: Podcast editor
Part/Full time: Part time
Compensation: USD 50-200 per episode (depending on the skill)
Workload: 1-3 podcast episode every month (Ideally we wanna do 2 episodes every month)
We're looking for an editor for our podcast. Since we want to do about 2 episodes per month, this will be a part time role. Depending on your skill level, each episode will take somewhere between 5-20 hours.
The final runtime of each episode is between 40-60 minutes. During the interview we record each person on a separate track, so there are a total of 3 tracks (2 co-hosts and 1 guest). The recording time for each episode is between 60-120 minutes.
- Editing, splicing and enhancing recorded multi-track interviews
- The editing includes removing filler words, redundant questions and responses and improving the flow/structure of the interview.
- We use Audacity for editing but if you're already proficient with any other tool, it should be okay.
- Creating snippets of audio and converting them to audiograms
- Converting podcast episodes into videos using Astrofox
- We're all ears if you have new ideas to show your creativity and/or want to take more responsibilities. And, yes, your compensation will increase accordingly.
Professional audio editing experience is NOT a must have. I could teach you all the technical stuff required for audio editing if you're willing to learn.
- A personal computer with good internet connection
- Attention to detail
- Deliver on time
Good to have
- Audio editing experience
How to apply
Just send me a DM with your short introduction. Include links to public works (if you have) that show any relevant skills for the job. After that, the last step is a short video call.