Discover interesting products from the list of top 100 largest consumer-facing marketplace startups and private companies published by a16z.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:50 - Interesting trends from a16z marketplace 100: 2021 list.
- 03:50 - Collectibles: Whatnot's mission is to bring together collectors and enthusiasts to safely buy, sell and connect.
- 06:03 - Celebrity engagement: Cameo allows you to connect, collaborate, and produce videos with a celebrity to share with your friends. It reached unicorn status with $100M raise in Series C funding.
- 09:12 - E-commerce: Offerup is the simplest, most trusted way to buy and sell locally. It acquired the competing marketplace letgo in March, 2020.
- 11:15 - Ed-tech: Varsity Tutors offers private and group tutoring, classes, test prep, and virtual learning for all students and professionals. Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
- 17:54 - Zola is a wedding company that provides tools for wedding website, registry, checklist, guest list, seating chart, and gift tracker.
- 19:28 - Travel: Hipcamp is the most comprehensive resource for unique outdoor stays. Discover and book tent camping, RV parks, cabins, treehouses, and glamping. Harvesthosts provides membership program that invites self-contained RVers to have unique overnight stays at 2318+ wineries, breweries, farms and more!
We'd love to hear your feedback for this episode! You can provide us feedback using this form.
Follow us for more updates on twitter and instagram.