In this episode we discuss tools that are helping businesses in pandemic, superapps, Indian unicorns and coinbase DPO. We also discuss the ideas of sharing subscriptions, creating previews for audio-only content, un-bundling of office tools and problems with working on online docs collaboratively.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:59 - Remotehour - Easily connect with your clients/customer using a shared URL. You don't have to schedule meetings with them.
- 02:35 - Deel helps companies with international payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance in 150 countries.
- 03:30 - Toast empowers restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight guests.
- 05:11 - Superapps. Grab - Southeast Asia's leading superapp. It provides everyday services like Deliveries, Mobility, Financial Services, and More. Line services. Whatsapp payments in India. Signal testing cryptocurrency payments.
- 07:14 - Gupshup enables better customer engagement through conversational messaging.
- 08:02 - Meesho - E-commerce marketplace for resellers. Meesho valued at $2.1 billion in new $300 million fundraise. Check out funding rounds and investors in Meesho. Flipkart partners with Adani Group to enhance supply, logistics infra.
- 12:20 - Coinbase DPO. what is Direct Public Offering (DPO)?
- 14:46 - Sharing subscriptions. Netflix is testing a crackdown on password sharing
- 16:55 - Podcast episode preview generator. Google Recorder on Pixel
- 18:14 - Un-bundling of the Office. Sahil Lavingia quote.
- 19:37 - SaaS for technical design docs
- 21:44 - MrBeast working with $2 million fund to invest in up-and-coming creators
- 23:00 - Resource recommendations
We'd love to hear your feedback for this episode! You can provide us feedback using this form.
Follow us for more updates on twitter and instagram.